Archives for September 2013
You know we like to party – especially when it’s for a good cause! Here’s your chance to do both on October 3 here at JB’s! Purchase your tickets today to Fall into The Thread, a special event celebrating the Carolina Thread Trail and current and future grassroots Trailheads supporters. The festivities will include live entertainment, local beer and hors d’oeuvres and will culminate with a short talk by nationally acclaimed Queens University Professor Dr. Reed Perkins on the interesting biodiversity found along our local trails and blueways. Dr. Perkins is also a member of the Catawba Lands Conservancy Board of Directors.
The event will be held on Oct. 3 from 6-8:30 p.m. at Jesse Brown’s Outdoors, a Trailheads founding corporate partner (4732 Sharon Rd. #2M, Charlotte, NC 28210 – near the South Park Mall).
Tickets to the event are $25, which includes the cost of a yearly membership for Trailheads, admission to the party and a gift card from Jesse Brown’s Outdoors. For existing members, the ticket cost will cover membership renewal. There are a limited number of tickets for sale, so please pre-purchase yours to guarantee entry. Tickets will be available at the door that evening.
Trailheads is a community group supporting the Carolina Thread Trail via yearly memberships, volunteer opportunities and outdoor activities. Additionally, members stay engaged through monthly updates and social media on the progress of The Thread. Contact Outreach Coordinator Vanessa Gorr at 704.376.2556 (x215) or email@example.com for more info on this event!
About three weeks ago a lady came into Jesse Brown’s declaring she’d found a hat. A nice one, at that; a Tilley AIRFLO hat.
“I found it at a resort island off the coast of South Carolina,” she told John Bryant, general manager here at Jesse Brown’s. “You all are an authorized dealer. I’m going to let you all handle returning it.” So we did.
Apparently the wrong Tilley hat had been picked up and the lady was left with this one – and it wasn’t hers. This particular Tilley hat, as it turned out, had a phone number and a name on the inside of it. John called the number and asked for the name on the hat: Pat Massion.
Naturally, Pat was thrilled to know his hat had turned up and wanted to know what it was going to cost to get it back to him in Salt Lake City. “No cost,” John said, “we’ll get it to you.” So John boxed the Tilley – along with some Jesse Brown’s stickers for good luck and prosperity, of course – and mailed it off to Pat.
A couple of days later, John got a box from Salt Lake City. Inside was a box of salt water taffy from Pat Massion with the note stating, “A simple act of kindness has a beauty all its own…I sure wish my hat could tell me how it got from Parson Springs, CO to NC. Thanks so very much!!”
Well, we were glad that Jesse Brown’s could help reunite Pat and his lost Tilley hat. If only all our clothing and gear could talk when we’re out for a #shareyouradventure moment! Pretty sweet ending, huh?
Everyone’s a winner, but someone’s gonna win a $100 Patagonia Gift Card to Jesse Brown’s Outdoors! Come in to Jesse Brown’s Outdoors this Saturday, Sunday or Monday (September 14, 15 and 16, 2013) during business hours and draw an ice cold Cheerwine(™) from the cooler. Everyone goes away with that classic Carolina cola – and a great, new Jesse Brown’s Outdoors can koosie. One specially marked can is our Grand Prize winner of a $100 Patagonia Gift Card to Jesse Brown’s Outdoors! No purchase necessary to play, see Official Sweepstakes Rules for complete details and restrictions.
Official Sweepstakes Rules: Jesse Brown’s Outdoors Patagonia Gift Card Giveaway
- No purchase necessary to participate. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- DURATION: Sweepstakes Period runs during business hours only on Saturday, Sunday and Monday (September 14, 15 and 16, of 2013)
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to clients and guests of Jesse Brown’s Outdoors during the Sweepstakes Duration. Participants must be 16 years of age or older and have a valid email address. Employees, suppliers, officers, sponsors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment agencies, legal advisors, and the immediate family members, and persons living in the same household of such persons are not eligible. Additional restrictions may apply.
- PRIZE: All participants will win 1 (one) can of Cheerwine(tm) and 1 (one) Jesse Brown’s can Koozie. Additionally, 1 (one) participant will win 1 (one) Grand Prize. The grand prize is 1 (one), $100 Patagoina(tm) gift card redeemable at Jesse Brown’s Outdoors. No cash or other prize substitution permitted, unless at Jesse Brown’s Outdoors discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: The winner will be determined by his/her random selection of a specially marked can of Cheerwine(tm) from the official Sweepstakes cooler during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants. All winners will receive their prize(s) at the time of participation. By accepting and/or using prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, voice and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law and upon request will provide such consent in writing. If the winner(s) is/are ineligible or declines/fails to claim the prize(s) may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
- The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT JESSE BROWN’S OUTDOORS SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By entering, each participant agrees (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Jesse Brown’s Outdoors, which shall be final, and (b) that Jesse Brown’s Outdoors, agents and representatives thereof, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, legal advisors and advertising, promotion, fulfillment agencies are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due entries, mail, or e-mail; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Jesse Brown’s Outdoors, that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Jesse Brown’s Outdoors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or cancel Sweepstakes at any time if the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if any physical or technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Jesse Brown’s Outdoors reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual or entity it finds to be attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes.
- DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in North Carolina having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participants’ actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. WINNER’S LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES: The Grand Prize winner’s name and picture will be posted on the website and Facebook page of Jesse Brown’s Outdoors within 24 hours of winning. These official rules will be posted on the Jesse Brown’s Outdoors website.
12. HAVE FUN!
Can you name a company that has a tradition of over 400 years? In the early 1500’s Beretta was already known for the products of prestige, impeccable design & lasting quality.
Those attributes fit perfectly into the same historical pattern as Jesse Brown’s (circa 1970) therefore we’re proud to introduce the fine line of Beretta clothing and shooting accessories at Jesse Brown’s.
Stop by and see for yourself at the 2nd Floor Outdoor Store, Jesse Brown’s.